Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Compilation error for "wireshark-1.3.0" on Unix platform

From: "Rajsharma" <rajsharma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 17:20:27 +0530
Dear Wireshark Team,

* I downloaded Development Release Source code "wireshark-1.3.0.tar.gz" from
following link
  http://www.wireshark.org/download.html

* Opened Wireshark Developer's Guide PDF from following Link
  http://www.wireshark.org/download/docs/developer-guide-us.pdf

* Refered Section 3.5.1 to Build Wireshark on Unix Platform and started
building wireshark

* Typed "./autogen.sh" command and it seems to went well, i attached logs in
"autogenLog.txt" for  this command.

* Then Typed "./configure" command without any option and it seems to went
well, i attached logs
  in "configure.txt" for   this command.

* Then Typed "make" and it DOES'T seem to go well, i attached logs in
"makeLog.txt" for this command.
   ERROR in the end is "gcc: @LIBSMI_LDFLAGS@: No such file or directory"
   After this error compilation is exited.

  I attached 2 log files for "make" command "makeLog.txt" (Logs came in
file) and"makeConsole.txt" (Logs came   on  console)

 Can you please tell me how to resolve this error and compile/build and
install the new image of wireshark?
 I will appreciate early response for the same  :-))

Best Regards,
--Raj Sharma