Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Query on Teamed Interfaces

Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 16:15:02 -0400

Nick:

Thank you for getting back to me.

We are running Network Fault Tolerant mode.   In a team, neither port is carrying the IP address,  the IP resides within the Team itself.
We tried monitoring via the active NIC and basically had no packets captured.  Through the Team we are able to capture packets.
We are filtering on Port 80 and seeing minimal amounts of traffic.   We were expecting alot more traffic than what we are seeing.
The machine is an HP DL380 that has the Teaming feature.

Charles Johnson
Broadcast Network Engineer
MTP&O Engineering - DCTC
Discovery Communications