Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Yum install centos 5.2

From: Mike Brandonisio <mbrando@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 16:45:10 -0500
Hi,

I'll have to see about how to do that. I've been testing on screen so I can see what is getting captured. Later I'll record to a file to review.
Sincerely,
Mike
--
Mike Brandonisio          *    Web Hosting / Development
Tech One Illustration     *    Internet Marketing

    JIKOmetrix - Reliable web hosting

Kevin Cullimore wrote:
Mike Brandonisio wrote:

Hi,

Since I receive the MAKE error. I stopped chasing that and did the yum
install again.

tshark does show what appears to be traffic.

The main reason for all of this to monitor/record HELOs/EHLOs to see
what is impersonating my IP address to get me listed on CBL.

tshark is giving me data like this:

5.603672 75.XX.XX.XX -> 74.xx.xx.xx TCP 51268 > 22 [ACK] Seq=1
Ack=3185 Win=65535 Len=0 TSV=246431382 TSER=315369746

Any thoughts?

Based upon that output, it's unclear your filters are set up properly,
and you may well need to display more bytes of each packet to make any
headway. I've generally realized better packet-capture troubleshooting
outcomes when I write the results to a file for followup analysis.

Sincerely,
Mike