Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Yum install centos 5.2

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 13:39:57 -0700

On Oct 11, 2009, at 1:21 PM, Mike Brandonisio wrote:

Is it possible I should be looking for something other than "wireshark" to execute?

No, that's the name of the executable.

What happens if you "locate tshark"? At least some RPM-based systems have, in an attempt to maximize confusion, packaged the non-GUI parts of Wireshark as "wireshark" and the GUI parts as "wireshark-gnome", or something like that; perhaps Centos 5.2 (or the version of Red Hat on which it's based) did that, so that you got the command-line TShark installed, but not the GUI Wireshark.