Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Mysterious packet loss during capture

Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 22:12:13 +0200
Thanks, but "-n" is already in use (sorry I forgot to mention this detail). Also it would not explain packet loss by dumpcap.

New observation: Packet loss is reduced using "-w /dev/null",
but it is still there.

Gerfl

Abhijit Bare schrieb:
If you have dns lookups on (converting IP addresses to hostnames) during packet captures, packet losses might occur. Try without dns lookups - tcpdump "-n" on Linux

- Abhijit