Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Custom Columns & combining filters

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 09:40:34 -0700

On Oct 7, 2009, at 2:32 AM, Keith French wrote:

In the latest version of Wireshark, when you add a custom column under the Preferences/User Interface, is it possible to define the filter using two or more expressions?

I don't see any filter in the dialog box for a column. I do see something that says "Field name", but nothing that says "Filter".

Either of these two filters are valid on their own, but if I try to combine them to be one column the syntax checker remains a red background:-

(dpnss.cc_msg_type)||(dpnss.e2e_msg_type)

That's not a field name.  What is it you're trying to do?