Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Spotting HTTPS handshake problem with Wireshark

From: Martin Visser <martinvisser99@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 21:01:20 +1100

Your capture by itself probably won't help you. As you are probably aware a HTTP 403 response indicates your server is forbidden to respond to you. (Note this is different from 401 which indicates a an authorization or authenticantion issue). So assuming that you are authenticated, the error is a result of permissions, so provided you are possibly better off looking at these things on the server side logs.

But if you do want to see the actual requests you will need to obtain the server's private key and use it on your capture as per http://wiki.wireshark.org/SSL

Regards, Martin

MartinVisser99@xxxxxxxxx