Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] How to convert the FR WAN Header to Ethernet ?

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 19:49:39 -0700

On Sep 29, 2009, at 7:34 PM, Yves Choi wrote:
I have a trace file captured on Fream Realy link.

I'd like to remove the Frame Realy Header and replace to the Ethernet Header.

Is there any tool or way to do this ?

There are Frame Relay packets that do not correspond to any type of Ethernet packet, so that is not possible in the general case.

In the particular case of IP packets, I don't know of any tool that will strip off the Frame Relay header and replace it with a fake Ethernet header (with fake source and destination addresses and the appropriate Ethernet type).

Why do you want to do this?