Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] PID as column on Wireshark

From: Jake Peavy <djstunks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 13:06:47 -0400
On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 8:02 AM, IT eSTUDANT <root.ng@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all
Thanks for answers
Linux is my OS. Well. The main objective is to know what process is working and I could correlate it with the application(let say I'd want to filters packets by PID)...

I think you need to do this in two steps:

Step 1) run netstat -lnp and grep or look for the PID or program you're curious about
Step 2) run Wireshark with an appropriate capture or display filter according to the netstat info

--
-jp

The next time I have meat and mashed potatoes, I think I'll put a very large blob of potatoes on my plate with just a little piece of meat. And if someone asks me why I didn't get more meat, I'll just say, "Oh, you mean this?" and pull out a big piece of meat from inside the blob of potatoes, where I've hidden it. Good magic trick, huh?

deepthoughtsbyjackhandey.com