Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] OpenBSD enc0 capture from tcpdump failes to decode

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 14:32:15 -0700

On Sep 21, 2009, at 8:38 PM, Brad Guillory wrote:

INote: I tried a development version also but it pukes even worse:

 1   0.000000              ->              UNKNOWN WTAP_ENCAP = 0
**
** ERROR:(print.c:790):print_hex_data: assertion failed: (edt- >pi.data_src)
Abort trap

That's a separate bug, unrelated to this - it crashes even with a capture file that it *can* read, if you use "-x" without "-V" or any other flag that causes a protocol tree to be generated. I've checked in a fix (SVN revision 30158).