Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] No outgoing PPP traffic

Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 19:31:20 -0400

Hello,

I am running a machine with:

Widows XP

Verizon Wireless  - Dial Up Connection

WinPcap 4.0.2 (I tried the 4.1 beta too)

After I select the interface to capture and start logging.  I see a lot of traffic with my IP address as the Destination, but no outgoing (Source) ppp traffic.  The only traffic I see with my IP address as the source is SNMP – Get Requests and ICMP pings.

cid:image003.jpg@01CA3A19.AA6FAF80

I have also tried WinDump & Microsoft Network Monitor and get the same results.

Is there a setting in windows XP to allow the outgoing ppp traffic to be logged? I wouldn’t image that windows would block outgoing but allow incoming logs.

I read that there was a problem with possible VPN clients and outgoing traffic.  I have a Nortel VPN installed, but it is not currently running.

Thank you,

Leon

product doctrine and thus protected from disclosure.  If the reader
copies and backups thereof.  Thank you.