Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Snow Leopard - no available interfaces

From: Richard Peters <rhpeters@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 12:43:36 -0600
That seems to have done the trick.  Thank you.

On 2009-09-17, at 12:12 , Guy Harris wrote:

On Sep 17, 2009, at 9:32 AM, Richard Peters wrote:

Yes, I have which is why I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do
next.

Dragging the ChmodBPF startup item to the StartupItems folder isn't
sufficient; after you do that, open up a Terminal window and do

	sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/StartupItems/ChmodBPF
	sudo /sbin/SystemStarter start ChmodBPF

and you should now get a list of interfaces on which you can capture.

We should update the documentation - or make the dmg contain an
Installer package which does all that stuff.