Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] tshark escape character

From: Kvetch <kvetch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 22:08:18 -0400
Hello, how can I properly escape a character in a tshark contains
string?  My filter has a forward slash in it which appears to be
throwing tshark off .  The filter is -- http contains
"application/octet-stream" but the / is breaking the command.  Kicking
back an error stating
tshark: "/" was unexpected in this context.
I doubled checked and the filter works in wireshark.  I tried a
handful of standard escape characters and I tried double-double
quoting it but still no luck.

Thanks,
Nick