Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] wireshark and virtual ethernet adapters by parallels

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 16:08:04 -0600

On Sep 10, 2009, at 2:24 PM, Matthias Steinböck wrote:

en2 is the virtual interface on the host system. unfortunately
wireshark does not detect any traffic.
in my case i try to capture packages sent by a flash application to
where flash runs on the host (mac) and apache on a ubuntu guest machine.

I'm seeing the same behavior. I just updated to the top-of-git libpcap ("1.1-PRE-CVS" according to Wireshark) and the problem persists. I should point out that tcpdump exhibits the same behavior, so this not really a Wireshark problem.

Steve