Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] How widespread is sniffer talent?

From: Zhenyu Zhao <zzhao@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 09:59:36 -0400 (EDT)
I second your estimate. I think most IT professionals don't need to employ any sniffer to solve their problems. Nowadys the IT network architecture are built upon layers upon layers upon layers and most people work on high level stuff and the necessity to delve into the lower levels is minimal. Also from my own experience it really takes strong motivation to understand the protocol to even think of using sniffers

Regards

Zhen