Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] How widespread is sniffer talent?

From: "Donaldson Charles-MGI1064" <charlesdonaldson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 22:36:34 -0400
Maybe IT is too narrow of a scope. I work in product development and use Wireshark and other network traffic analyzers to verify and validate device interoperability and specification conformance. Additionally, I have written proprietary or emerging protocol dissectors for Wireshark for the same reasons. Wireshark and other sniffers have greatly increased my knowledge of networking system operations.

Regards,
Charles Donaldson