Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Sharing CAP files with SSL without sharing private key

Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 12:02:53 -0700

All:

Was wondering what users here typically when you need to share a cap file that contains SSL contents but you can't share the private key?  Basically, I need to share with a vendor proof that well formed HTTP packets are in fact being properly recieved, but their software is mangling and misinterpreting them.    The only thing I currently can do is let them share a remote session to my desktop to use my local copy of Wireshark.

I realize there is no real solution to the key problem, but I imagine some of you have come up against this kind of situation and may have ideas I haven't considered.

Thank you all!