Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] How to cut big packet capture file to sevreal files

From: Boaz Galil <boaz20@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 18:23:26 +0300

WOW,

Thank you for the fast respond. I really appreciate it.

I do have a follow up question (sorry for being greedy). After dividing the 500MB packet capture I just realized that I have only 15minutes of traffic and I actually need a specific traffic from the packet capture.  Let’s say I want to filter only traffic that has destination UDP port of 9000. Is it possible to do something like this from command line? Or do I need to open the GUI for it? (I was actually able to open the packet capture after you showed me how to divide the files… but if its possible to divide the file using a specific network/wireshark filter it would be great).