Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] "Response/Request in frame" link in my decoded packets -- gone

Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 11:28:01 -0700

Hello all:

I am using the 1.2.1 Win32  build of Wireshark.   Earlier I was often able to see a link in the Decoded packet frame refernces such as [Response in frame: 12345] and [Request in frame: 1234] for most frames (for example, if reviewing a fram containing a HTTP GET, there would be a link to the HTTP Response.  Very handy , and a nice alternative to the conversational view and filter.

However, it seems I am no longer seeing those links anymore ---  and it it wasn't for the documentation in section C.2, I would begin to think it was all a lovely dream.

I'm wondering if I may have inadvertanlty changes a preference or setting that I am no longer seeing, or if that reference is only displayed under certain circumstances.

As a reference, I still see links for the re-assembled frames, as well as in the SEQ/ACK  analysis

Any help in getting this functionality back would be very much appreciated!

d.