Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Counting no of hops to remote IP address?

From: Syed Faraz Hasan <Faraz_Hasan-S@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 15:56:59 +0000
Hello everyone!

I want to calculate the number of hops from my PC to some remote one. I am doing it using the tracert DOS command. For example, I want to count the no of hops to address 84.53.138.41. When I use tracert, it fails after reaching 193.63.68.1 address on 5th hop. My network administrator says its because it is administratively prohibited.

Can some one help me on this, preferably through wireshark.

Regards,
Faraz