Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark for Beacon Sniffing

From: Johne Cookcely <johne1921@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 18:33:57 -0500
Hi! I am moving to wireshark for use in sniffing wireless 802.11 beacons. My team used to use Wildpackets OminPeek. However, I am having an issue. Wireshark averages 166305 beacons/hr in my location, channel 6, while OmniPeek averaged 293149 beacon/hr, same location, same channel, same card. I am using the latest stable releases of wireshark, tcpdump, libpcap (1.0.5, 4.0.0, 1.0.0). Why is there this discrepancy? Thanks!

Hotmail® goes where you go. On a PC, on the Web, on your phone. See how.