Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] No SIP/RTP capture with Realtek RTL8139/810xFast Ethernet

From: Michael Mei <mmei@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 19:37:45 -0500
Indeed the ARP requests are broadcasts but the ARP replies are unicast between two devices other than my PC.

The hub is indeed dual speed (10M bus and 100M bus with and probably a switching element in between) but from the color of the LEDs I can tell that all devices are on the 100M bus. If I plug in another 10M only device (an old DSL modem) the relevant port LED shows a different color for the 10M bus.

The symptoms that I am experiencing appear to be the same as reported by Shou-Kuo Shao. I am hoping that he or someone else may have some insights. Otherwise I may just try loading a old Ethernet driver to see if it helps because I'm pretty sure that I was able to capture SIP/RTP promiscuously in the past.

Michael Mei

----- Original Message ----- From: "Guy Harris" <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>