Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Capturing on multiple interfaces

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 20:06:48 -0800

On Jan 11, 2009, at 11:31 PM, Chris C Taylor wrote:

Are there any plans to have Wireshark, for Windows, capture on multiple interfaces like I can with IPtrace under AIX.

There are no short-term plans for that.

At some point we may add that capability to dumpcap (although, in the general case, it needs the pcap-NG capture file format, to supply information about the interfaces, including the link-layer types of the different interfaces). That's not a scheduled enhancement, however, so it'll only happen if somebody has the time to implement it and decides to use that time to do so (without breaking capture support on any platforms).