Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] How to attach a protocol to the ethernet dissector table (Lua

From: Benoit <benpaka.spam@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 10:08:30 +0100
I'm actually using a simple protocol to communicate between FPGA and i would like to parse it by wireshark.
I actually have a lua script which works well on the UDP but i would like to use only ethernet frame (the protocol should be define by the ethernet type).

s4n_proto = Proto("s4n","S4N","S4N Protocol")
-- create a function to dissect it
function s4n_proto.dissector(buffer,
pinfo,tree)
    pinfo.cols.protocol = "S4N"
end

-- load the udp.port table
udp_table = DissectorTable.get("udp.port")
-- register our protocol to handle udp port 18000
udp_table:add(18000,s4n_proto)

But now i would like to replace this last lines by:
eth_table = DissectorTable.get("eth.type")
eth_table:add(18000,s4n_proto)

However, i've a probleme the eth.type is no a dissector table therefore I don't know how to do to simply register a simple lua protocol to an ethernet type/protocol.

Thanks.

--
Benoit RAT
www.neub.co.nr