Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Capturing Wifi Control Frames on MacOS

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 17:46:04 -0800

On Jan 12, 2009, at 5:29 PM, Shahed Moolji wrote:

So If I really want to see whats going on (like how an client
associates with an AP)
I just need to have another device talk to the AP, and monitor the
conversation..

Yes, unless you have a Mac with a device that can remain associated while in monitor mode (the impression I have is that the Atheros-based AirPort devices can't, but there might be Broadcom-based devices that can).