Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Capturing Wifi Control Frames on MacOS

From: "Shahed Moolji" <shahed100@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 01:05:43 +0000
Hi,

I am new to MacOS, and was hoping that I could use it to monitor /
capture 802.11 control frames instead of purchasing AirPCap for
windows.

I have a MacMini running 10.5.4, and though I can capture data frames
on en0, when I try to capture wifi headers, the wifi connection drops.

I have searched a bit and see some users having problems, but am not
sure if this is a know issue, as the wiki seems to suggest that capturing
Link Layer frames should work on MacOS.

When I launch the program I also get a lot of warning related to
Missing MIB's, but I am not sure they are of any concern.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks