Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] capture Q931 protocol

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 12:02:09 -0800

On Jan 10, 2009, at 7:41 AM, Anders Broman wrote:

In principe you’d need a card that can capture the D-channel and write the packets to a file in libpcap format. If such a card is available
I do not know.

An Endace DAG card:

	http://www.endace.com/dag-3.7t-datasheet.html

might be able to do it; libpcap can be built with support for DAG cards, and a version of Wireshark that uses that version of libpcap could capture on them.

However, Wireshark doesn't currently dissect LAPD captured from them, so some work would be needed to have Wireshark dissect the resulting capture.