Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] AirPcap necessary for wireless sniffing?

From: Faraz Hasan <farazhasan110@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 11:01:16 +0000
Dear All,

I am trying to use wireshark to sniff packets on my university wireless lan. When I check the interface options in wireshark, that particular interface is not on display. I have learnt that I need a driver AirPcap instead of WinPcap for it to work. Also, is there any device (external hardware) which needs to be plugged in to my computer for this?

Can someone please clear this up for me?

Faraz