Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] How to find out SSL version of nntps

From: "Martin Mueller" <scylalu@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 17:46:15 +0100
Hello,

does anybody know how to find out the SSL / TLS version / encryption
algorithmus etc. for ssl encrypted usenet traffic (nntps). I can
easily find out every information for normal https connections but
when connecting to various ssl newsnet servers there is just a dns
request and several TCP connections (I am aware of SSL being a layer
on TCP and the connection seems encrypted to me) but I can't find out
any information about the methods used.

I am no network expert so please excuse me if this is a "noob" question :)

Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

scylalu@xxxxxxxxx