Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] TCP/UDP ports

From: "Martin Visser" <martinvisser99@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:12:38 +1100
Oh and back to your initial problem, your client connecting to to
exchange can likely use any high TCP port (>1024) for it's source
port, so generally the client source port is not useful in identifying
a particular protocol - it is just a handle by which the client and
server can distinguish sessions.

regards, martin