Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Arp poisoning causes msn to keep dropping off

From: "Ryan Zuidema" <Ryan.Zuidema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 13:21:04 -0700
ARP poisoning is a destructive means of gathering traffic. If you are
concerned at all about the performance/usability of your network do not use
ARP poisoning.

A better bet is to use a span/mirrored port on a managed switch. Setting up
a linux box as an inline router/capture device would work as well. If all
else fails you can use a hub, or static ARP table entries.

Using ARP poisoning on a network you control is like using a crowbar to
enter your own house.

Ryan Zuidema