Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] tshark creates files in temp dir

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 17:47:50 -0800

On Nov 6, 2008, at 3:01 PM, Al Aghili wrote:

We're stopping it by killing the tshark process through a kill command
which I would think is not graceful. How do you recommend killing tshark
programmatically?

I recommend running it on an operating system that has a way for process X to send process Y a "please clean up and exit" indication, and delivering that indication. :-)

I know all flavors of UN*X support that (sending the process a SIGTERM is the way to deliver such an indication); is there any such mechanism in Windows?