Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] tshark creates files in temp dir

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 18:38:35 -0700
On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 04:55:29PM -0700, Al Aghili wrote:

> No this is on windows. We issue a terminate process command for the
> process id.

Oh, ok.  As you may have guessed, the only way tshark is currently
programmed to clean up after itself is if it receives a ^C at the
terminal (as far as I could tell from a quick look at the code).  I'm
not an expert with the Windows development side of things; is there a
way to send a termination signal to a process that lets it to clean up
after itself first without killing it immediately?  If so, we could
probably incorporate that signal catching in tshark.

Steve