Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] I am new

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 18:48:49 +0100
Hi,

I would suggest to read the user guide: http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsug_html_chunked/
and have a look around the Wiki: http://wiki.wireshark.org/

Thanx,
Jaap

Meena Zala wrote:

Hi all,

I am new, and I am interessted in Wireshark. I also read the booklet, but still I have some questions. Hope you can help me.

1. What is Wireshark for?
2. How do I start the protocol? If I go on start (option capture) no data are being captured. 3. How can I capture my internet protocol? If I keep wireshark running, and I go on my email, it will show my password? 4. Can I capture other computers internet protocols? How? Can I capture also someone who is not on the network? 5. How can I find out the IP Adress of an other user? How do I find out my own IP Adress?

Thanks in advance...
mohini