Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Monitoring a GE Link

From: Andreas Fink <afink@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:50:15 +0200
don't you need a switchport monitor command to define that you want to monitor ? otherwise the monitor port wont get anything

On 29.09.2008, at 16:46, SMITH, RICHARD S (RICH), ATTLABS wrote:

Has anyone set up monitoring on a GE link through a CISCO 3550?  I can't get traffic to show up on the monitor port where I have Wireshark running.  I've got two GE links and a FE link for the monitor.  All three are configured with "switchport mode dynamic desirable", source for SPAN are the rx of each GE and destination is the FE port.  Any suggestions on how get this set up to work?

Thanks,
Rich Smith
Principal Member of Technical Staff
AT&T Labs