Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Monitoring a GE Link

From: "SMITH, RICHARD S (RICH), ATTLABS" <rsmith62@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 10:46:13 -0400
Has anyone set up monitoring on a GE link through a CISCO 3550?  I can't get traffic to show up on the monitor port where I have Wireshark running.  I've got two GE links and a FE link for the monitor.  All three are configured with "switchport mode dynamic desirable", source for SPAN are the rx of each GE and destination is the FE port.  Any suggestions on how get this set up to work?

Thanks,

Rich Smith

Principal Member of Technical Staff

AT&T Labs