Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Good tools for pcap summary info, etc.?

From: Jim Balo <jimbalo22@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 10:00:20 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

I am capturing all traffic leaving our network in order to determine what traffic should be allowed and what traffic should be blocked (by egress filtering).  Last time I did this, it was quite painful and took a long time.

I know there are some built in tools in Wireshark for displaying summaries of pcap traffic, but I am interested in finding out what other tools are out there for anylyzing big pcap files and displaying summaries / statistics in various ways (like end-point communications w/ easy access to whois and/or other details for each node).

Any help on this would be great!

Thanks,
JB