Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Export as plain text

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:35:33 -0700

On Sep 24, 2008, at 11:13 AM, Felipe Carlo wrote:

I want to know, how I export the "dump" file of wireshark as plain text file in the shell ?

With TShark - it's a command-line tool using the same dissectors as Wireshark. "tshark -r {file}" will read the file and write to the standard output the summary lines for all packets; "tshark -r {file} - V" will write to the standard output the detailed dissection for all packets.

To get that into a text file, redirect the standard output of TShark.