Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] list tcp connections

From: "Markus Sieber" <sieber.m@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 21:53:09 +0200

hi,

i often need only tcp connections listed (not each packet, but each connection), so i use

following filter:

tcp.port eq 80 and tcp.flags.syn eq 1 and tcp.flags.ack eq 0

to view the connections i right click on them and use "follow tcp stream" but whenever i do that

my filter string gets replaced by a filter to show the packets of this tcp stream, which is very annoying.

How can i deactivate this behaviour? or is there any other way to get a connection overview

(in the best case with a state (open,close))

regards,

Markus