Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Capture of mixed-mode traffic at MTP3

From: "Keith E. Fleming" <kef762@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 06:52:10 -0700 (PDT)
Hello. I Have searched the archives but could not find anything on this topic. I have a network that carries ANSI MTP3 over one SCTP port, and ITU MTP3 over another. For now, we have to have two Wiresharks running, each with the different configuration profiles.

Is there a way to do something like what TShark does:

-d sctp.port==2905,mtp3.standard:ITU
-d sctp.port==2906,mtp3.standard:ANSI

Even the syntax to the right is something I just imagined. I know it doesn't exist like that. It would make analysis immensely easier to have context specific (based on port number) detection of MTP3 standard. Thanks in advance!