Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] SNTP Protocol

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 09:21:14 +0200
Hi,

So, if you find no NTP packets (and thus no NTP or SNTP communications) the time synchronization must be coming from the DC in your network and is communicate via the relevant Microsoft protocols.

Thanx,
Jaap

WSandner@xxxxxxx schreef:
Hi,
some PC in a certain environment are time synchronized and I don't know the source. Therefore I was looking with wireshark for a telegram which may belong to that process. But I could not find any telegram with NTP protocol. Maybe not a NTP but a SNTP (Simple Network Time Protocol) telegram is connected with the time synchronization. My question: Are SNTP - telegrams identified by wireshark, too? Because I don't find SNTP in the list of enabled protocols. Thanks for help
Wolfgang Sandner