Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] IPv6 Multicast Listener Report

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 10:27:49 -0700

On Sep 18, 2008, at 10:16 AM, Wes wrote:

That's good info. This was captured on Sigtech RF Docsis sniffer (not on Ethernet) which can output to a .pcap file format but I'm not aware of any way to set this device to record the encapsulation type.

Ages ago, I e-mailed somebody there, telling them how to use the DLT_DOCSIS link-layer type value when it was first introduced. I never got any reply. That part of Sigtech ended up as part of Daqtron:

	http://www.daqtron.com/

and I don't know whether their current product (260C) still

1) includes Ethereal/Wireshark (I seem to remember that it ran Windows 98, so it doesn't include any up-to-date version of Wireshark)

or

	2) doesn't know about DLT_DOCSIS.

(I also told them that they could just make Wireshark read their native capture file format - which, as I remember, they published, at the time - but, again, I got no reply.)