Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Analyzing VM Virtual Switches communication with WireShark

From: "Al Aghili" <aaghili@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 12:26:24 -0600

Hi,

We have a VM server that uses vm switches for communication between the VM’s. Can WireShark or tshark monitor communication on a VM switch between the different servers that reside on the same physical host? So application server on VM1 on host A talks to Database on VM2 on host A through a VM switch. We’d like to have WireShark monitor this communication.

Thanks for the help.

Al Aghili