Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Pb?, Max Delta, Max Jitter, Mean Jitter colums in wireshar

From: "Lars Ruoff" <lars.ruoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 14:47:33 +0200
So where do the
> 	Max Delta (ms) - 4119.77 [320.14]
> 	Max Jitter (ms) - 1.80 [70.12]
come from?

PT=0 is PCMU (G.711 my-law), voice.
PT=101 is user-defined, most probably DTMF events.
If your call has DTMF or other events, you can probably ignore the jitter
around these events.
Those events are decorrelated with the steady background voice flow, but
Wireshark only sees the deltas from packet to packet so gets confused with
this.

Lars