Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Problem with Installation on Solaris 10

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 13:48:54 -0400

Are you running Solaris 10 SPARC or x86? Because you downloaded the SPARC version of Wireshark so you must have a SPARC system. (IIRC sunfreeware.com also supplies Solaris 10/x86 packages.)

Bertrand Rastello wrote:
Yes, when I type in root "wireshark" it comes back with "invalid argument" (and no other text) and Wireshark doesn't start. Directly.

Is there a variable to define (LD_LIBRARY_PATH ?) ?
I have just added /usr/local/bin to PATH variable with .dtprofile file because I launch wireshark with tcsh shell.

No, there's no need to run './configure' with a packaged version of
Wireshark.

I guess another way of asking my question is: /when/ does this "invalid
argument" error come out?  For example just when you type "wireshark" it
comes back with "invalid argument" (and no other text) and Wireshark
doesn't start or...?