Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] The load (*) index in IO graph

From: "ronnie sahlberg" <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 07:21:51 +1000
it can be used to measure queue-depth.

take one of the fields that represent the response time, like smb.time
and produce a load graph.

this will produce a graph over the queue-depth, i.e. how many commands
are in flight at a time.

this shows the relation between a server and a client and their speds
relative to each other,   client issues commands which increases the
queue depth, server completes commands which shrinks the queue depth.

the scale is number-of-commands-times-1000 (for easy integer math)

so a value of ~1000   means ~1 i/o in flight.