Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Problem running Wireshark on Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.2

From: "Ian Schorr" <ian.schorr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 18:10:14 +1000
I have the same problem trying Wireshark 1.0.2, and had the same problem when 1.0.1 was released.  1.0.0 works fine.

Presumably either you and I have something installed that others don't, or we're missing something that many of the rest of the Mac users have installed.

I'm also running OS X 10.5.2.  Has anyone run into this and been able to correct it?  Found a X11 package/binary that replaces this library with one that gels with Wireshark?

I wonder if it'd be a good idea/possible to distribute this library (and other dependencies) in the Wireshark.app package to avoid these kinds of conflicts?

Thanks,
Ian