Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] ODBC Protocol in Wireshark

From: Hansang Bae <hbae@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 16:58:46 -0400
Friends Li wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to use Wireshark to test ODBC connection and bandwidth etc for our application in LAN or WAN.

May I ask you some questions about Wireshark, does it support ODBC Protocol or not? How can we monitor the connectivity via ODBC?

Thank you. Your response will be so appreciated.

Friends,
If what you care about is monitoring the BW etc, then ODBC awareness doesn't come into play as much. When you open a connection to your server, you will be able to track how much data was sent/received as a result of you application.

--

Thanks,
Hansang