Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Build Error U1077

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 10:56:17 -0400
Sandoval, Andres R wrote:
Hello, I am on the final step of building Wireshark in Windows and ran
into some errors.  I have already installed the libraries and upon
entering "nmake -f Makefile.nmake all" in command prompt get the
following errors:

> <snip>
        cl -WX -D_U_="" /Zi /W3 /MD /DMSC_VER_REQUIRED=1310 lemon.c
Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 14.00.50727.42
for 80x86

lemon.c
.
.
.
.
.

There's an error/warning someplace in the ... output above which eventually causes NMAKE to error out.

Please post the relevant section of the output so we can see what's happening.

NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\BIN\c
l.EXE"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\BIN\n
make.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.