Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Help with troubleshooting SQL and application server commu

From: "Michael Montgomery" <Michael.Montgomery@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 16:46:42 -0700
Hi Bill,

Before I waste any of your time looking at my captures, I'm wondering If I've set the capture up correctly.  The two hosts, the DB and App server, are on a Cisco Catalyst 6509.  I've SPAN'd both the DbServer and AppServer ports to the port Wireshark is on.  The statistics I gave you before were from this setup. I also wanted to point out that sometimes I configured the capture with inkpkts enabled and sometimes with inkpkts disabled on the switch.  Would this setup cause the excessive out-of-order warnings?  Either way, what would be the best way to capture the traffic between the two hosts?

Thank you,

Michael